Saturday, November 11, 2006

[saturday quiz] for deep thinkers

4…..What temperature, Celsius is held to be absolute zero Kelvin although some dispute this?

5…..What are Mizaru, Mikazaru, and Mazaru and which are which?

6…..This one has always confused people. Which hangs from the ceiling of the cave, the stalactite or the stalagmite?

7….. Which agreement resulted in the splitting of Germany?

8…..In which year did the Ottoman Empire collapse, the Baltic nations, Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia become independent, and the First World War end?

9….. If you saw a car with the letters BR on the back, where does it come from?

10..India and Pakistan have neighbouring states of the same name, meaning "land of five rivers". Which states are they?

The answers [no peeking]

1] Biro 2] 150 3] Frequency modulation 4] -287C 5] The three wise monkeys: Mizaru (See no evil), Mikazaru (Hear no evil), and Mazaru (Speak no evil) 6] Stalactite 7] The Yalta agreement 8] 1918 9] Brazil 10] The Punjab

2 Comments:

At 11 November, 2006 17:40 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tights come down, they might go up!

Even if I'm wrong, the enjoyment is in asking.

ScotsToryB

 
At 11 November, 2006 17:50 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must admit I did take a peek, so I know lots more know than I did 3 mins ago.
I enjoyed seeing Rodin's statue of The Thinker too, though my favourite is The Kiss.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home