Thursday, October 05, 2006

[le chiffre] summary of his mi6 interview

Continued … What is Daniel Craig like as James Bond?

The bottom line is that he's a fantastic actor. I saw him the first time when I was doing the audition for this role, and he was there dressed up in his tuxedo and he looked just like Bond. He has this beautiful English accent and this irony about him and he looks like a man who can kill people with his bare hands. And that's the new touch to the film. I think he's perfect for the part.

What's your Bond villain "thing"?

I have a bad eye, a baddies eye! I have one eye which is white, like a blind dog. It has a little scar going through. It was very nice though. I had a big huge lens that was covering my whole eye. It wasn't painful. But I did have a distance problem as I was only using one eye, so I kept walking in to lamps and knocking over drinks - so hopefully they cut that out!

Which part of the movie do you like the most?

Well I like the part when I have the chance to torture Daniel Craig (as James Bond). We spent a whole day filming that one scene. We're doing it like the book.

What's it like to an outsider coming in to the "Bond family"?

Yeah, for an outsider like me who's worked on small films before you worry that you're going to see people who are going to scream and fire people, but this really was like a family thing. It was a very nice atmosphere. Michael Wilson was playing poker with us guys all the time, and just to support you, not to watch you but to give you support. It felt really nice.

Did Michael G. Wilson get in the film this time?

Yes, I think he's got two parts in this film.

Did you look at either the 50's TV version of Casino Royale or the 1967 spoof film?

No, I haven't seen them. There's no reason to go back and look at something we're not going to do anyway. I've done films before that have been based on books and I didn't read them. So I have deliberately not watched the other films for this. But I will see them later.

What were your thoughts when you heard that the set at Pinewood Studios had burned down?

Luckily I was away, so it wasn't me! We were done shooting and it happened when they were pulling the set down, something happened and went wrong. But luckily they were done shooting. It happened before of course, just before "A View To A Kill"...That wasn't me either!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home